People don’t spend time on social media to watch your ads or hear your sales pitch. People spend time on social media when they are bored and they want to feel inspired or entertained.
If you want people to notice your brand and buy into your products, you need to be someone worth hanging out with. And that’s why you need to sell without selling.
There is a method you can use as a guide to be more successful in marketing, both in general and for influencer marketing in particular. This method will help you remember this key value: the importance of ‘sell without selling’. This is a marketing technique where focus is placed on creating value and building a relationship with the customer.
The goal is to provide helpful information, solve problems, educate and even entertain the customer, rather than just trying to close a sale.
The method is simple and it’s called the 4-1-1 rule. It’s all about striking the right balance while engaging your audience and selling products via social media.
As you plan content for your online presence, try scheduling four educational or entertaining pieces of content that bring value. Posts which firstly bring this kind of value to your audience open the door for one soft sell and one hard sell post. No matter the order, balance remains key: give, give, give before you take.
Here’s the upside if you use the 4-1-1 rule:
- Prospects and clients will perceive you as a giver and not a taker, which will ultimately increase your brand preference and likability.
- Content that is not salesy will most likely perform better and this will technically favor the posts that are more sales driven.
- Content lifespan increases as posts can be repurposed compared to limited campaign offers that run out.
- Inspiring, educational or entertaining content encourages engagement and foster customer loyalty.
- This is how you can differentiate your brand from your competitors.
Contact us for support with your Influencer marketing campaigns